In and Around Fitchburg, Massachusetts

This blog was created to discuss some of the positive aspects of living in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, that are often overlooked by outsiders and residents alike.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Cornerstone's Restaurant

Nothing beats outdoor dining in the summer. I make it a habit to eat every breakfast, lunch, and dinner possible on my deck at home, and I’m always looking for new restaurants that offer the same option. I therefore decided that Cornerstone’s Restaurant in Leominster would be the place to start on my quest to visit all of the members of the newly formed Independent Restaurant Collaborative (earlier post here) that I’ve not already tried.

My husband and I arrived at Cornerstone’s around 7:00 on a Saturday night. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, and the temperature was in the mid-70s – perfect conditions for dining outdoors. So we were completely shocked to find ourselves all alone on the deck! Throughout the evening, a few patrons from the bar wandered out to enjoy the fresh air, but we essentially had the place to ourselves.

Thanks to a mid-afternoon barbeque we’d attended at a friend’s place, we unfortunately weren’t hungry enough to try a full meal. But the chicken quesadilla appetizer that we shared was wonderful. As is evident by glancing at Cornerstone’s menu, there are a wide variety of appetizers from which to choose. Our server initially seemed to forget that she had a table out on the deck, but she subsequently provided excellent service. The highlight of the visit for me, however, was the discovery that Cornerstone’s features Blue Moon on draught. What could be better than sipping a fresh glass of Blue Moon, munching on appetizers, and enjoying a summer evening outside? I’ll definitely be back.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 20, 2013 11:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 21, 2013 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, nice post.Well what can I say is thats these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

- The best restaurant natick ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home