In and Around Fitchburg, Massachusetts

This blog was created to discuss some of the positive aspects of living in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, that are often overlooked by outsiders and residents alike.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Gloria's

When I arrived at Gloria’s (on Route 2A in Lunenburg, just after crossing the border from Fitchburg) for breakfast yesterday morning, I was completely shocked to learn that it was the restaurant’s last day. Gloria’s was one of the first places in the area that some friends introduced us to when we moved to Fitchburg two years ago, and we had returned many times for the fabulous food. Admittedly, the wait for a table was often a long one, prompting my husband and I to frequently wonder why the business didn’t expand. It made it that much more surprising that, despite the constant stream of customers, the owner has decided to close. Of course, I can certainly appreciate the desire to take a break from what was no doubt a very busy, time-consuming endeavor! I will be forever grateful to my waitress yesterday for speaking with the owner on my behalf and arranging to provide me with Gloria’s pumpkin pancake recipe. I’ve unsuccessfully scoured restaurants and the internet in an effort to recreate those pancakes, and I’m thrilled now to have the real thing! I just wish it was under different circumstances. Many thanks to Mary and her staff for all of the great meals...I’m one of many in the area who are sad to see you go!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home