In and Around Fitchburg, Massachusetts

This blog was created to discuss some of the positive aspects of living in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, that are often overlooked by outsiders and residents alike.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Bombay Tandoor Grill

As I sit here enjoying a delicious lunch of leftovers from Bombay Tandoor Grill (200 Lunenburg Street (a/k/a route 2A), Fitchburg), it occurs to me that I have yet to post a review of this restaurant. I fear I may have come to take its presence for granted!

Those of you out there who are Indian food fanatics like myself can appreciate how hard it is to find a truly wonderful Indian restaurant. I got extremely lucky when I found Bombay Tandoor Grill within weeks of moving to Fitchburg. The staff is very friendly and attentive, with the owner and his wife ever-present. Water glasses are kept filled, which makes my husband particularly happy as he has a pet peeve about empty beverages! They pay attention to other little details too, such as providing extra rice with containers to bring home leftovers. The restaurant has a BYO policy, with corkscrews and wine glasses provided upon request. The menu is extensive and reasonably priced, and the food quality is truly outstanding. I should also mention that the menu offers full explanations of what each dish includes, and the staff is more than happy to answer questions for those not familiar with Indian food. There’s a genuine respect for vegetarians, with the owner cognizant of issues such as the need for separate cutting boards for meat and vegetables. I visit there or order take-out quite frequently and have consistently been impressed with my experiences. Some of my favorites include the basil nan, baingan pakora, palak paneer, and mango lassi, but no matter what I try, I’ve never been disappointed and always eagerly await my next visit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home