In and Around Fitchburg, Massachusetts

This blog was created to discuss some of the positive aspects of living in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, that are often overlooked by outsiders and residents alike.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween & Costume World

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, as I love the genuine, fun-spirited simplicity of kids going after candy. This year, I finally had the chance to give out full-size candy bars to trick-or-treaters, which is something I’ve always wanted to do. We’ve gotten good turnout in past years, and this year was no exception, with about 60 kids coming by. The relatively warm weather was a nice touch! My favorite costume this year was a little girl, Sophia, dressed as a giraffe. She was barely able to stand up on her own and had such a hard time grasping a candy bar - she was absolutely adorable!

On a related note, I had no idea that “The Largest Costume Store in New England” resides right here in Fitchburg! Of course, who knows if superlative claims like that are accurate (I doubt there’s an agency that keeps tabs on the exact square footage and inventory of Halloween costume stores), but I must say that Halloween Costume World is an impressive place. Not only do they have an extensive array of packaged costume options for kids and adults, but they’ve got EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine for those who are a bit more creative and put together their own costumes. It makes things a lot easier when all of the accessories can be picked up at the same time as the main costume. Fishnet stockings, shoes, temporary tattoos, fake cigars, wigs, make-up, masks, fake “bling”...you name it, they’ve got it, including some rather high-end items. I have yet to venture into their Haunted Mansion, although I hear that it’s unbelievably well done. Anyone out there been in?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home