In and Around Fitchburg, Massachusetts

This blog was created to discuss some of the positive aspects of living in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, that are often overlooked by outsiders and residents alike.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Movie Theaters

A co-worker of mine recently moved out this way from Winchester. Shortly after her move, she came to me in a panic. Her concern: “PLEASE tell me there’s a movie theater somewhere in the area!” It reminded me of my own fears when I first moved to Fitchburg, fears that were quickly assuaged when I discovered that yes, facilities such as movie theaters, shopping malls, restaurants, and grocery stores are readily available in the area. In regards to movie theaters, however, there was an added bonus - it costs a lot less to see a movie in this part of the state! Cinema World in Fitchburg charges only $5 for a matinee and $7 for an evening showing, while Entertainment Cinemas in Leominster is only $4.75 for matinees and $7.50 for evening shows. Even better is the fact that both theaters charge matinee prices for ALL Tuesday shows. It’s hard to beat catching an evening show for $4.75. The concessions also cost far less than I’m accustomed to at Metrowest-area theaters, and I rarely encounter the same degree of chaos and consistently sold-out showings. Overall, I’ve found the movie-watching experience to be a lot more enjoyable and a lot cheaper since moving to Fitchburg!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home